Inaugural Rajka Medal presentation to Dr. Jonathan Silverberg, ISAD 2014, Nottingham (from left to right: Johannes Ring, Jonathan Silverberg, Susanne Rajka & Hywel Williams).
In 2016 the Georg Rajka medal was awarded to Professor Kilian Eyerich from Munich, Germany.
The 3rd Georg Rajka Medal 2018, was awarded to Dr. Judith Thijs, from Utrecht, The Netherlands.
In memory of Professor Georg Rajka and his pioneering work in the field of Atopic Dermatitis, the International Society of Atopic Dermatitis will award a medal for the best scientific contribution published or accepted within the two years preceding the symposium.
Criteria for the Rajka medal:
- applicants must be younger than 40 years at the time of the meeting
- applicants must be registered for the meeting at the time of application
- applicants dedicated in the research of atopic dermatitis, and not just inflammation generally
- applicants’ research can be basic science, epidemiology or clinical research, but it must be original research rather than an editorial or clinical review
- the applicants’ research should refer to data that is original and which has been performed by the candidate
- it is up to the candidate to ensure that his/her co-authors agree with and give permission for the work to be submitted
- joint submissions are not allowed
The medal, showing Georg Rajka and the emblem of ISAD will be kindly donated by Susanne Rajka (Oslo).
Send your best original research paper (systematic reviews may be accepted) that has been published on or after June 1, 2014 or is “in press”.
Include a cover letter (max. 500 words) to explain why the contribution is unique, outstanding and what impact it is likely to have.
Include a short CV (no more than 4 pages)
Include a support letter of your research lead.
The applicant should be first or last author of the paper and has to ensure that his/her co-authors agree with the application.
Applications should be received by January 31, 2018 and mailed to:
Prof. Dr.med. Dr.phil. Johannes Ring
D 80802 Munich / Germany